Freelance visa in Dubai
Freelancing has become an increasingly popular way for professionals to earn a living in recent years. It offers the flexibility to work on a variety of projects for different clients and allows individuals to be their own bosses and set their own schedules. In Dubai, foreign nationals who want to work as freelancers must obtain a freelance permit from the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation (MOHRE). It is important to understand the laws and regulations governing freelance work in Dubai, including any required licenses or permits. You may need to register as a sole proprietor or establish a company to legally work as a freelancer in Dubai.
To be eligible for a freelance visa in Dubai, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must have a valid passport with at least 6 months of validity remaining.
- You must have a valid Emirates ID card, which serves as a residence permit in Dubai.
- You must have a valid work visa, such as a work permit or an employment visa, if you are working for an employer in Dubai.
- You must have a valid professional license, if your profession requires one.
- You must have a valid trade license, if you are setting up a business in Dubai.
Documents needed to obtain a freelance visa in Dubai
- A copy of your passport, including the page with your personal details and the page with your visa stamp.
- A copy of your Emirates ID card.
- A copy of your work visa, if applicable.
- Professional license copy
- A copy of your trade license, if applicable.
- A letter of recommendation from your sponsor, if you have one.
- A letter from your employer, if you are working for an employer in Dubai.
Once you have all of the required documents, you can apply for a freelance visa in Dubai online through MOHRE’s website. The process typically takes about 2-4 weeks. At Hashtag Startup, we will provide you with step-by-step updates on the process while you provide us with the required documents.
Dubai has strict laws regarding work and residence visas, and it is illegal to work in the city without a valid visa. If you are found to be working without a valid visa, you could face fines, imprisonment, and deportation. Avoid getting into such situations and hire us to help you get yur freelance visa in Dubai!
Benefits of a freelance visa in Dubai
A freelance permit allows you to work on your own terms and schedule, rather than being tied to a specific employer. You can take on multiple clients and projects as you see fit, and have the freedom to work from anywhere in Dubai.
As a freelancer, you are responsible for your own expenses, such as health insurance and visa fees. This can be more cost-effective than working for an employer, who may cover some or all of these costs.
With a freelance visa in Dubai, you can get all the opportunities the city has to provide, for professional growth and development, as you can take on new projects and clients that allow you to learn new skills and gain new experiences on your own terms.
Many people find that freelancing allows them to pursue their passions and interests, and gives them the freedom to choose the types of projects they work on. Getting a freelance visa in Dubai gives them the opportunity to follow their dreams while following all the rules and regulations.
While freelancing can offer many benefits, it also carries some risks and responsibilities. As a freelancer, you are responsible for finding your own clients and projects, and for managing your own finances and taxes. Additionally, you may not have the same level of job security or benefits as an employee.
Fees to get a freelance visa in Dubai
The freelance visa fee in Dubai varies depending on the location you are planning to work, along with the validity of your freelancing permit in Dubai.
Confused about how to go about it? Talk to our experts if you have any further questions about the benefits of obtaining a freelance permit in Dubai, and to know more about the freelance visa fees in Dubai!